Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Quitter

I set aside all this time today to write a blog post, and all I can seem to do is put half-formed thoughts on the screen and promptly erase them. It's pretty a pretty senseless way to spend three hours, but I guess it's better than wasting time on Facebook. Anyway, I give up. It's not working tonight. Maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a Merton quote for the three of you that read this blog.

"Then it was as if I suddenly saw the secret beauty of their hearts, the depths of their hearts where neither sin nor desire nor self-knowledge can reach, the core of their reality, the person that each one is in God’s eyes. If only they could all see themselves as they really are. If only we could see each other that way all the time. There would be no more war, no more hatred, no more cruelty, no more greed…I suppose the big problem would be that we would fall down and worship each other. But this cannot be seen, only believed and “understood” by a peculiar gift."


No comments:

Post a Comment